Saturday, July 23, 2011

Piazza di Pietra

Piazza di Pietra by Simona


Between the Pantheon and Via del Corso, you come across a narrow square, Piazza di Pietra, which refers to the imposing columns of a temple to Emperor Hadrian built in 144 AD by his successor Antoninus Pius. 

During the various centuries the building has been incorporated into a large building to later house the central Customs Office (Dogana di Terra) for goods which reached Rome by land. 


Today the building belongs to the Roman Chamber of Commerce.  

3 comments:

  1. I love this place. I go past each time I visit the Pantheon, my favourite place in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is beautiful! Unfortunately not so well known like the Pantheon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Zanzibar day tours

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...