Some reasons why children should be bilingual....
|Young Italian student|
- Has a positive effect on intellectual growth.
- Enriches and enhances a child's mental development. Languages can be seen as a 'useful support' for other curriculum areas (for example: for improved cognitive flexibility, for supporting and enhancing literacy in English and other academic areas.
- Leave students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening.
- Improves a child's understanding for hi/her native language.
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people he/she would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child to understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Gives a student a head start in language requirements for high school/university.
- Increases job opportunities in many career where knowing another language is a real asset.
|Italian animals @ Italian Cultural Experience|