|Someone enjoying the beautiful weather along the Brisbane river|
I have been living in Brisbane for just over a year. Since I have been here I have discovered amazing places to visit .....especially for me interested in history and culture....this is only a small list...I am sure there are many other places I will find to be added to the list below:
- Abbey Museum - Public museum of art and archaeology, featuring antiquities and fine arts from around the world.
- Australian Railway Historical Society (Qld Division) - operates steam trains with the Queensland Rail Heritage fleet and maintains an operating museum near Rosewood using former Queensland Rail rolling stock.
- Boggo Road Goal Museum Queensland's oldest surviving prison.
- Brisbane City Hall public tours are available to see the beautifully restored reception rooms and offices.
- Christ Church Community Precinct Milton includes the Christ Church Milton, the Old Rectory building, the Brisbane City Council Christ Church Reserve, and the Paddington Cemetery Memorial Reserve.
- MacArthur Museum Brisbane dedicated to the Australian-American alliance and the role that Brisbane played during World War Two.
- The Mercy Heritage Centre tours and events available relating to the history of the Sisters of Mercy in Brisbane.
- Newstead House experience Brisbane's gracious past. Evidence of the original 1846 cottage survives with the upper floor furnished in the style of the 1860-1890s period.
- Samford District Historical Museum the museum runs tours, exhibits displays on local history, and houses research materials.